The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15644 05/03/2004 3:26 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Just had to report that we started up the 283 in the '61 last night. I'd forgotten how GOOOOOD she sounds!! The low rumble is a beautiful thing!

We are trading out the gears in the rear end and working on the brakes next week. Should be on the road soon. Can't wait!

Husker

#15645 05/03/2004 6:46 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
You're a Good Man Charley Brown. YES!! another 283 lives. I put one in my 55.1 last year. I went with dual exhaust, rams horns through an "X" pipe to the old-time Smithy's mufflers. IT IS a sweet sound.

Congratulations!

Buddy in AK


"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
#15646 05/03/2004 8:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 117
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 117
I know how you guy's feel,,,I just got my 235 going in my 50 chev,It needed a heart transplant,,the 216 was getting bad.Feels Good too!!!! grin grin grin grin

#15647 05/03/2004 8:56 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 54
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 54
I know the feeling!! i finally got my 350 going the other night. gotta love that sound! do you have any pics?


"If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy!"

1961 Apache 20 4x4
http://community.webshots.com/album/97352016vHsKNP
#15648 05/04/2004 6:58 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Gee, it's good to know other people "dig" the purr and rumble of a good engine. cool If all our trucks were in the same place, we'd have a killer bass section. wink

The '61 has dual exhaust coming out just behind the rear tires, and the exhaust man did a great job - all new work.

I do have pics (by the way, big61fourby, your truck is good looking), but they are just jpeg files saved on my hard drive. I haven't figured out how to insert them into a post. help? :confused:

Husker

#15649 05/04/2004 7:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If all our trucks were in the same place, we'd have a killer bass section

We would have more than just a base section considering that there are representatives of just about every V8 and inline 6 GM ever built posting on this site. How bout a hot 270 jimmy between a small block and a big block for a rythym section with a line of 230-250-292 modern sixes doing harmony and a 235 with 12" smittys sings lead!
Boo grin

#15650 05/04/2004 8:32 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Oh yeah, buddy! Sounds good! grin

Here's a wild thought at 1 AM: somebody more musically inclined than I could actually "mix" a recording of just that. People could "tape" the sound of their engines, and they could all be mixed together.

Funky... Like Ray Steven's "Chickens in the Mood" only with engines. No, no, Thoroughgood's "Bad to the Bone". Or wait, a whole collection ranging from classical to rock. Hmmm... would that sell?? :confused:

(Think I've been awake tooo long)

I wanted to test to see if this link would work for a pic of my trucks. I'll add more pictures, if the link works.

Testing, 1, 2, 3...

Husker

http://community.webshots.com/album/14014928xURxVr?300

#15651 05/04/2004 7:44 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
Nope, the link doesnt work. Try again.

- Shane


- Shane (ChevyToughRebel)
2 Trucks;
-1955 3/4 Ton Chevy
-1979 3/4 Ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4
1955 Second Series 3600
GED = Git Er Done
#15652 05/05/2004 9:45 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Trying a new link. arrghhh

http://community.webshots.com/photo/140141928/140145034GfHJXs

Husker

P.S. Hey, it works! Now I'll work on getting better pictures. hehe

#15653 05/06/2004 2:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're not using it I wouldn't mind borrowing that 37 for 10 or 12 years!
Boo

#15654 05/06/2004 3:28 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Oh, is that all??? :p

Husker


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0