So my 235 is in and running. Found hoses that work very well. Thought I'd post numbers for those that might need them since I couldn't find anything on my search. The lower hose from the vendor's that they say fits does not with the 235 waterpump. It has a 2" outlet there's is only 1-3/4". You have to cut to fit. Upper is gates 22493 06-11 impala Lower napa 16139 96-00 chevy 3/4 ton Upper is a little loose on radiator but two clamps worked fine. Race car trick
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
As Breezy indicates my early 216 Canadian trucks had 1 1/4-inch thermostat housings and upper radiator hose connections and later 235 engines had 1 1/2-inch housings and upper radiator connections . The 1955 second series water pumps and lower radiator connections were 1 3/4-inch while the older models had 1 1/2-inch on the pump and radiator. Some vendors offer a lower hose with 1 1/2 inch on one end and 1/3/4 inch on the other to allow use of newer pumps with an older radiator.
What year did the change in upper hose connector start? My experience is mostly with 1948-54 engines When I swapped the 1950 216 for a 1953 235 I reused the crusty old hose and didn’t have any fit problems -s
My 1954 radiator had 1-1/4 inch upper and 1-1/2 lower. I believe 1955 Second Series with 235 or 261 engines had 1-1/2 upper and 1-3/4 lower connections.