The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, pdlightning, ndkid275), 119 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,139
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1547433 05/19/2024 1:03 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
This morning I made the decision that I will not be taking "Thor" to the Jamboree and AD Show in Townsend. While I have been working feverishly trying to get the list of things needed to be " roadworthy" done, it's just not going to happen . I am still working on the brakes and have yet to drive it with the disc conversion. There are several other items, wipers, exhaust, alternator, a questionable 3rd gear syncro and so on. I don't think that a 1100 mile round trip is my idea of a shakedown run. So the Yukon is again making the trip.

All that being said, who "Is" bringing their Truck to Townsend? I know that PaPa Joe is driving "Old Blue", Archie is trailering his '46, Wayne is trailering "Vern", Alvin said he's bringing the '37, Lugnutz is hoping to take his '63.

Anyone else planning on making the journey?


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 221
1
Moderator, Great Lakes Bolters
Moderator, Great Lakes Bolters
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 221
I'm still working on the '54 but at this point I'm still hoping to be able to have it in Townsend this year.

--Tom

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
Didn't Ron 'We b old' say he was trying to get his truck there?


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
Count me in.

John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 141
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 141
I will be arriving Wednesday with my 51 truck

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
I have to cancel my planed trip to Tennessee as my wife broke her foot and I'll be needed here.
Sorry Alvin, no Nanaimo bars nor Moose head bear

Regretfully. John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
Well Dang John, if Marie didn't want you to come all she had to do was say so. dang
I hope she is going to be alright... I know we're going to miss you and your panel..


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
We are certainly going to miss out that weekend,
I had that trip planned and Marie had a ladies golf tournament planned.
Recently events will a profound affect on her handicap.

John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Yes, Wayne67vert. I was to drive it to JDL's tomorrow 3 htrs away, so I have been checking it over and putting it through it's paces. A mile from home it it just shut down but it immedialy restarted with the key. I then drove home. Last year on another joint trip to KC it shut down but JDL was able to get it to his home and we took JDL's truck to KC and when we got back I drove the 300 miles home. I am going to try again tomorrow at 4 A M. ohwell dance BTW it was a loose wire under the dash and it was fixed, I think.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
I am hoping I found the issue. I thought about one of the last electrical issue I delt with and it was a new battery so I checked the terminals and both terminals were loose. So tighten both and I will hope for the best. It is pouring down rain and I am leaving soon to take the 54 to Jordans 3 hours away. then 4 days later I have to go back and both of us will go to Townsen. ohwell


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
It's always a loose battery terminal... dang


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Made it to JDL's and back home I had a great time. I was told to take Interstate I 69 whic goes with 4 miles of me. But not so easy at 4 in the morning and then going through Indy construcion lane changes But I did persevere. Just woke up from a well desired nap. I did lose cell service about an hour from home just when I was looking for someplace to eat. It was a dead zone not me being brain dead. All is well if it ends well. nanner


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,798
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,798
Archie's "46 Texaco" will be following me to Townsend, riding on my 16 foot trailer.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, TUTS 59 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0