The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Jay R, Gray_Ghost), 157 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,416
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
You all were very helpful with my last question on window trim. Let’s try a new question 🤣. I am rebuilding the bedsides on my 50 3100 step side. I am just going to buy sheet metal and replace the sides, $120 vs 5-600, but a lot of labor. My question is does anyone know what the angle is on the top rail to bedside for these beds?
Attachments
8EFAD84F-4AF7-4086-B914-D370E49CFDC2.jpeg (216.99 KB, 105 downloads)

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,872
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,872
Don't you have a protractor or a carpenter's speed square?


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
I do but I cut the metal off already, was just wanting to try and determine what it was so I can get back close.

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,872
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,872
I'll measure mine tomorrow but someone probably will post the answer before then.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
Thanks Otto

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,872
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,872
Angle between bedside and rail is 120 degrees.
Attachments
IMG_20240423_171143.jpg (57.2 KB, 77 downloads)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
That’s great, that’s close to what I am able to pull from it too even with the bedside metal removed. I didn’t cut loose the stale pockets on the cab sides, I should be able to weld on some new side metal pretty “straight” 🤣. Thanks for the help and angle check, this site always has someone to help. Off now clean some rust!

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Yes, I measured mine and if the walls (vertical side panels) of the bed are at 0 degrees, the top angled portion is at 30ish degrees.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0