| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible),
179
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 | I've got a Spicer PTO, Model # GCE6-14. I believe it is from the 60's, but I'm trying to find out more about it. A computer search brought up nothing. Trying to find out exactly what year or year ranges it is and also exactly what trans it would fit.
Any info would be appreciated.
'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan GMC 9500 Fan Detroit Diesel Fan
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | I can't help with the year of manufacture but there should be a number stamped into the driven gear (the one that engages the transmission). With that number you should be able to come up with the transmissions it will fit.
If it is a double gear PTO then the driven gear may be changed to fit a wider variety of trans makes & models. Spicer and Chelsea are (were anyway)the same brand. Did you call the local Powerdrives dealer in your area for info? Most of them have a lot of the older application books. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 942 | Dave,
The number on the gear is S4S 5-P-262.
I contacted Potter Webster yesterday and he said it fits a Spicer 5650, 5750, and 5850 5-Speed Trans.
I looked in some of my Big Truck books for some application numbers and only found Trans numbers that had a different number on the end of those 4 digit numbers other than zero. (ei: 5652)
I'm guessing it will fit those, but not sure.
Wondering if you or anyone else out there would know what trucks those Spicers were in.
Thanks.
'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan GMC 9500 Fan Detroit Diesel Fan
| | |
| |
| |