The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Wally / Montana), 102 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
Hi Fellas,
Been a while. Our 1959 Apache 3100 has newer electric wiper system install by PO. I bought a retro radio to fit the dash and its hitting the wiper motor bottom.
Anyone else have this issue? Can I relocate the motor higher up maybe an inch or two?


1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
Okay, Guess I will post some pictures as soon as I get back to it. We also just got our Girl "Baby" repainted! Inside and out. Matte finish not a shiny show truck. Added the insulation under the floor mat. What a huge difference! Now we can hear a radio. My Queen has requested one be installed. We are building a "Box" for the speakers combination with cup holders so we do not cut holes or anything. That's what the Queen wants, my job is to make it happen!


1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 441
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 441
it might be easier to relocate or modify the radio position or location or get a smaller size that is if the wiper's work as is.If you have not, I'd advise the sticky back hush mat anywhere possible...inside doors, headliner, firewall etc. then you will be able to hear the radio even better. It's worth the time. post pics, adjusting the wiper motor just a little may work too.


Larry
Old man᠁Old truck᠁neither one goes very fast. All you need in life is TIME, PATIENCE and MONEY.
If you are missing one component, you'll need an abundance of the others two.
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
Last evening I loosened the bolt that has the slider on it and slid it all the way up, but I still need about 1/2 inch more. I tried prying out and back to maybe get the radio up past it but nothing doing. The slider just raised the cylinder portion but the round part just kinda rotated a little. I left my phone on the table so no pictures. I apologize and promise pictures soon. After taking a long look at the mounting the brackets, it looks like they could be shortened and leave plenty of room for the wiper operation. This "kit" was the cheaper $159 one. Are the others more model specific? maybe a different configuration?

One thing I have noticed is there aren't many posts about not having clearance. That is telling me folks are not having this problem much. Which is telling me I might have the wrong wiper kit for the truck year model. Or a generic kit.

All thoughts and comments appreciated !

Our last resort option is to have our wood trim guy make the "box" to hold the radio

Last edited by Roadking53; 03/28/2024 12:22 PM.

1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,909
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,909
Ditch the radio and use blue tooth speakers that play from your phone.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
I must admit I hadn't thought of that. Do you have to have music downloaded to your phone or can you stream a radio station live?


1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,329
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,329
You can stream music it uses phone data but not too bad.Use one of the Apps like tune in or Spotify .I like Tune in as you can stream radio stations from far away .I even stream on my new truck .

Last edited by KEVINSKI; 03/28/2024 1:05 PM.

1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,909
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,909
I stream radio stations live here in Atlanta. When I want specific music, I stream Pandora or Spotify.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,967
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,967
I have 2 58+59 3100 and a 2 retro radios. The stock wiper motor is not close to the radio at all. At least not
enough to hit anything. A stream is something I cross. I have the music I want to hear on a USB. 800+ songs
Thats all I need.


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0