1962 C10 with a 235 6cyl -- all of the drive train seems to be original. Some of this story is in the Side Lot Some people like a new truck. I liked the old ones.
Is that a pre-sewn cover that you hog ring to the seat?
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Is that a pre-sewn cover that you hog ring to the seat?
I used a Jim Carter upholstery kit. They supply the original style c-clips for attaching to the springs, not hog rings. Much easier to work with IMO. You can see a couple of those clips on the attached pic (yellow arrows.)
Mike, Yours looks nice.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
I did, but also reused some of the original stuff.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
I also bought new seat covers and I am anticipating installing them soon but they have been in the original box they were shipped in and was wondering if there will be any issues with them being in the box folded for over a year?
Last edited by Phak1; 08/21/202412:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
Unfold them and lay them out in the sun for a couple days prior to installation. Vinyl goes right back to its original shape pretty easily.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Very nice looks fantastic I also had the cover in a box for a few years and was wondering, was it ok from the folds after you removed it from the box and was it stored for a while , what other stuffing burlap etc. did it take also,what other things were needed to reassemble thanks in advance