The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Rod), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1526058 11/15/2023 3:55 AM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 197
C
1950 Chevy 3100 216 3 Speed.
1950 Chevy 3100 216 3 Speed.
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 197
Anyone running the Daytona UN2 carburetor with their 216 cu engine with the stock intake. I’m wondering how my existing fuel and vacuum advance lines are going to line up. I currently have stainless lines plumbed and I don’t really want to make up new lines if possible.
Attachments
IMG_2286.jpeg (101.35 KB, 147 downloads)


Darren
Current Project - 1950 3100 5 Window with a rebuilt 216 and 3 speed trans
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,198
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,198
You are planning to replace your current Rochester B (with the warped body) with this?

Have you read this thread? https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1342270/1.html


Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,902
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,902
Interesting thread. Gabe seems happy with his Daytona. I wonder how it's doing 3 years later?


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 197
C
1950 Chevy 3100 216 3 Speed.
1950 Chevy 3100 216 3 Speed.
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 197
Just looking into my options. I don’t want to change if I don’t need to. The bowl I have is warped and I am going to try to straight it using a method suggest elsewhere on this sight be slowly pulling down the corners of the bowls. But if this goes bad it’s good to have options. I’ve attached a picture for reference.
Attachments
IMG_2255.jpeg (220.68 KB, 104 downloads)


Darren
Current Project - 1950 3100 5 Window with a rebuilt 216 and 3 speed trans
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
ChevyDarren, what's your time-line on this? We have a 2-part Tech Tip that's in the home stretch about the Rochester B carb. (A few facts to confirm and then it'll be ready for "print.") The second part has to do with correcting the warping of the two parts. Good news is that it can be done.

BTW: I really like the image of the UN2 you posted. It's clean and purdy. wink


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 197
C
1950 Chevy 3100 216 3 Speed.
1950 Chevy 3100 216 3 Speed.
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 197
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...o-straighten-your-rochester-b-or-bc.html This link has already been referenced. My time line is now. I hate that my truck is down. I want to be able to drive it. I'll be interested to see what you have. The more information the better.


Darren
Current Project - 1950 3100 5 Window with a rebuilt 216 and 3 speed trans
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Ok. It is part of Jon G's post you referenced. I'll send the file in an email as I suggested in the PM. On it's way now.


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,504
J
Moderator, Electrical Bay
Moderator, Electrical Bay
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,504
Darren, straightening your carburetor castings won't be too difficult. You can always let me know if you have any questions. Main thing is to take your time.


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0