Anyone running the Daytona UN2 carburetor with their 216 cu engine with the stock intake. I’m wondering how my existing fuel and vacuum advance lines are going to line up. I currently have stainless lines plumbed and I don’t really want to make up new lines if possible.
Darren Current Project - 1950 3100 5 Window with a rebuilt 216 and 3 speed trans
Interesting thread. Gabe seems happy with his Daytona. I wonder how it's doing 3 years later?
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Just looking into my options. I don’t want to change if I don’t need to. The bowl I have is warped and I am going to try to straight it using a method suggest elsewhere on this sight be slowly pulling down the corners of the bowls. But if this goes bad it’s good to have options. I’ve attached a picture for reference.
Darren Current Project - 1950 3100 5 Window with a rebuilt 216 and 3 speed trans
ChevyDarren, what's your time-line on this? We have a 2-part Tech Tip that's in the home stretch about the Rochester B carb. (A few facts to confirm and then it'll be ready for "print.") The second part has to do with correcting the warping of the two parts. Good news is that it can be done.
BTW: I really like the image of the UN2 you posted. It's clean and purdy.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Ok. It is part of Jon G's post you referenced. I'll send the file in an email as I suggested in the PM. On it's way now.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Darren, straightening your carburetor castings won't be too difficult. You can always let me know if you have any questions. Main thing is to take your time.
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end