The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (DadsFirstPickup, 1955 1 Series, Wrenchman), 98 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,305
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#152574 05/11/2007 10:50 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Hi all, Just to drop a note to those that helped with the double clutch dance.I am getting better at it and it's amazing how you just can't be in a hurry and it goes real well.However after driving it i found at the rear wheel there is a leak.It is pretty thick oil and the brake fluid is not dropping.SOOOO IT LOOKS LIKE THE NEXT STEP IS TO TEAR IT APART .But i was wondering is there any tips or little tricks before i start?I'm guessing there is a seal that has to be pressed off and a new 1 pressed on.Well thanks again for the clutching advice,it run's so smooth.It sure has been worth every minute i have spent on it. Chad

#152575 05/12/2007 12:40 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
There is a proceedure in the repair manual. If you don't have one you can check out the online manuals. If that doesn't work I can send you the pages.

#152576 05/12/2007 12:41 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
One thing I don't know is where to buy the seals. I had to make the last set out of copper. Anyone have an ideas on where to purchase them?

#152577 05/12/2007 1:28 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
NAPA is a good start, you may have to have the old ones in hand though.
Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
#152578 05/12/2007 1:45 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Thank's i will try to find an on line repair manual.If i don't have any luck and you have time to send the repair pages that would be greatly appreciated([email protected]).I hope everyone enjoys the summer and safe driving,I'm off to the garage -shop rag's and maybe a COLD BREW AFTER.Chad


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0