Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 20 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 20 | Over the past two or three months I've seen a few stovebolters looking for old tandems. I don't remember who.
For those still looking, at the Hemmings Motor News web page, cars for sale, chevrolet, 3500 series, there is a 51 tandem for sale, listed $2,200.
Don't know if its all original, hope this reaches those still looking. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Should not be original for an AD Chevy, but could be for a GMC. Even if it was a period conversion I would expect to see it done on a larger truck.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | I saw it on Hemmings. It's at a Used Car lot, so I wouldn't expect them to get the series correct. It looks to be a 6400, or 6500 series with a Trucktor, or Truckstell Tandem conversion. It's a '51 Chevrolet. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 60 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 60 | I still can't find it :-( is that the one with the lazy axle and hyd brakes?
David '56 3100 Pickup,Blown BBC,5 Speed,IFS,4 link, '07 Maloo
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 20 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 20 | The truck has disappeared from the listing. You may want to check in with Hemmings, It was there a week ago. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 513 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 513 | ya i looked a few days back and couldn't find it 1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal 1964 gmc 4000 1973 gmc 6000 2005 chevy duramax 4x4 1994 chevy 1500 Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange "I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton | | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 60 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 60 | Well, survived divorce, kept my trucks and I'm still looking. Got to do a couple of other stovebolt projects first but I am going to find a mid 50's tandem something eventually. It will forever and a day annoy me everytime I see an original '55 or '56 tandem, hyd over air, bone dry unmolested, original V8, at a farm auction and it turns out to be a F*rd. Again. And again.
David '56 3100 Pickup,Blown BBC,5 Speed,IFS,4 link, '07 Maloo
| | |
| |