I seemed to have misplaced a rear shock bracket that bolts to the frame cross member support. I only had one, because the second one was missing. Couldn’t find reproductions on various web sites. I’m guessing that I’ll fabricate a pair. Can anyone assist me with the thickness of the bracket and the offset angle measurements?
I didn't pop the rivets, so I don't know the ID of those holes and my mount hole at the top has been drilled out for bolts, so I have no idea if it is correct or not.
It is currently 5/8", but don't assume that is right.
Let me know if you need sny other dimensions.
Last edited by Fibonachu; 09/20/20231:06 AM. Reason: corrected hole diameter
I forgot about All American Classics. Thanks for the reminder! Just added them to my list of favorite web sites. I will reach out to them.
Thanks for the photos and sketch. It’s perfect for what I’ll need if I have to fabricate a pair. The bracket that I had or have somewhere, was bolted on and the holes where the rivets used to be measure 3/8”.
Not sure the reason, but there was no floor in the bed of this truck and the cross member where the upper shock brackets mount is a bit mangled and has other pieces of steel welded onto it. I ground off the rivets, removed the cross member and had a replacement cross member fab’ed up at Metal Supermarkets for $47. The rebuilding continues!
I corrected the hole diameter above. I copied from my notes wrong. The shock pin hole is 5/8" diameter, which appears to be correct for the GM pin that goes into it.
Gabriel Shocks (82060) come with a new pin, for what that is worth.
I wanted to say here it is.. But on the 2nd series, it does not show. I bought one for my 54 first. At one time I had both and lost one and wanted to put the shock back to the original configuration. The story is on here somewhere. Best of luck.
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am. 1954 3100 Chevy truck In the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix 1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017