The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, klhansen), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,357
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#151748 03/29/2007 3:47 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 20
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 20
Fellow Big Bolters,

I'm looking for a good supplier for 7.50 x 20 tires. Right now I'm in need of 4 to get my 4400 on the road. Any suggestions?

Cartman

#151749 03/29/2007 5:24 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Cartman, Have you tried Goodyear, it's been awhile, but that's were I got my last set from, hope that helps.

#151750 03/29/2007 4:53 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
You can also try Tucker Tire.
http://www.tuckertire.com/

~Ron

#151751 03/29/2007 5:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 85
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 85
Cartman

http://www.nebraskatire.com/truck/overstocks.htm
this looks interesting.
DS

#151752 03/29/2007 7:04 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 89
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 89
Hello, You might have already tried this but your local farm Co-op (Cenex or eqivelant) should be able to get you good 7.50,8.00,8.50 x 20 etc without a problem. Its pretty common here in Mn to have a grain truck on the road and working thats 45 plus years old. Good Luck anyway!


240,000 worker bees!
1960 Two ton Chevy
#151753 03/31/2007 12:19 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
I bought my 7:50 20's from Goodyear. For some reason down south they call them "Wingfoot" tires. Why I don't know. But, be prepared for a mounting problem with the split rims. But, I recommend that you stay with the 750's rather than the bulkier 8:20s unless you plan to haul heavy loads. They look much classier and more classic. G. Berry

#151754 03/31/2007 1:00 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 50
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 50
I bought Chinese tires traded under the name "double happiness". The local tire supplier I use delivered them with tube and flap for $106.00 each. They look classy and are priced right, maybe there not good for that perfect original restoration. My thought is try it. I was going to buff the double happiness off, but I think it will be interesting car show talk. I mounted them myself not that bad to do, but if you don't know how I wouldn't try it you can do some real damage. My two cents and 15 min. of typing :hammering:


restoring a 1946 coe wrecker.
#151755 03/31/2007 2:58 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
I would have to buff that off also. It's bad enough that many "Originally American" name brand items are made in countries by slave labor, but I don't envision enough happiness being spread around for the laborers to enjoy, that would warrant bragging about it.

No offense intended, just expressing my honest opinion.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
#151756 03/31/2007 3:13 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 27
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 27
Definitely DO NOT mount these tires yourself without consulting with an experienced truck tire man. Read that sentence again! They can be mounted by the average person BUT, the inflation process could KILL you! Read the last three words again! A bit extreme I know, but please learn the proper and safe method of tire replacement for 'split type truck wheels', if your going to do it for your self.


Insert clever statement here:
#151757 03/31/2007 1:18 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
consult your shop manuel to be sure if you are dealing with split wheel or multi piece lock ring wheels


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0