| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,367 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 20 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 20 | Fellow Big Bolters,
I'm looking for a good supplier for 7.50 x 20 tires. Right now I'm in need of 4 to get my 4400 on the road. Any suggestions?
Cartman | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Cartman, Have you tried Goodyear, it's been awhile, but that's were I got my last set from, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 453 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 453 | You can also try Tucker Tire. http://www.tuckertire.com/ ~Ron | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 85 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 89 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 89 | Hello, You might have already tried this but your local farm Co-op (Cenex or eqivelant) should be able to get you good 7.50,8.00,8.50 x 20 etc without a problem. Its pretty common here in Mn to have a grain truck on the road and working thats 45 plus years old. Good Luck anyway!
240,000 worker bees! 1960 Two ton Chevy
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 9 | I bought my 7:50 20's from Goodyear. For some reason down south they call them "Wingfoot" tires. Why I don't know. But, be prepared for a mounting problem with the split rims. But, I recommend that you stay with the 750's rather than the bulkier 8:20s unless you plan to haul heavy loads. They look much classier and more classic. G. Berry | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 50 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 50 | I bought Chinese tires traded under the name "double happiness". The local tire supplier I use delivered them with tube and flap for $106.00 each. They look classy and are priced right, maybe there not good for that perfect original restoration. My thought is try it. I was going to buff the double happiness off, but I think it will be interesting car show talk. I mounted them myself not that bad to do, but if you don't know how I wouldn't try it you can do some real damage. My two cents and 15 min. of typing :hammering:
restoring a 1946 coe wrecker.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,409 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,409 | I would have to buff that off also. It's bad enough that many "Originally American" name brand items are made in countries by slave labor, but I don't envision enough happiness being spread around for the laborers to enjoy, that would warrant bragging about it.
No offense intended, just expressing my honest opinion.
John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 27 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 27 | Definitely DO NOT mount these tires yourself without consulting with an experienced truck tire man. Read that sentence again! They can be mounted by the average person BUT, the inflation process could KILL you! Read the last three words again! A bit extreme I know, but please learn the proper and safe method of tire replacement for 'split type truck wheels', if your going to do it for your self.
Insert clever statement here:
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | consult your shop manuel to be sure if you are dealing with split wheel or multi piece lock ring wheels | | |
| |
| |