The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,181
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1513758 08/20/2023 8:58 PM
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 118
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 118
Hey everyone
Looking to borrow locally a herband no.188 brake spring plier.
I'm located in Chesapeake Va 23321.
I will return it after brake job is complete.
If you don't believe me send it and I'll prove I'm trustworthy.
Jim


1950 chevy shortbed 3100, 216 with a 3 on the tree.
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
For less than 30 bucks, you can get a whole set on Amazon delivered free!
And you can keep them.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,878
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,878
Don,

The Herbrand #188 brake spring pliers (for Huck brakes - see pic in link below) isn't found in any of the brake tool sets I found on Amazon.

Here is a decent priced used one (not mine) that Cheapskate1229 may want to grab???

Dan


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,805
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,805
For $20 you can't beat it.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Gdads51 #1513805 08/21/2023 11:28 AM
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 118
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 118
Thanks, just purchased 1 off ebay from Amyandmike
$29.78
Just fyi if anyone needs to borrow I ll have no problem loaning.

Last edited by Cheapskate1229; 08/22/2023 12:12 AM.

1950 chevy shortbed 3100, 216 with a 3 on the tree.

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0