The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TooMany2count, J Lucas, tclederman, Southerntruck), 69 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 223
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 223
I purchased through Classic Parts the proper rubber hose, (with fittings), to attach to the bottom of my 1950 Chevy 1500 gas tank. It appears that there is a fitting missing from the tank that will permit this hose to screw onto the tank. It appears from the original build manual that there is a fitting that I'm missing which would accommodate the aforementioned hose.
Do any of you "bolters" know where I can get the missing fitting or the modern equivalent?

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,918
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,918
Rocket man,

I believe this is the critter you seem to be after. You may also need the related flex-hose with pre-attached threaded fitting that mates up to this tank connector/shut-off valve unit (shown on the far right of the linked page).

Fuel tank connector/shut-off valve

EDIT - Looks like you said you already have the flex pipe with fittings. thumbs_up

Dan

Last edited by Gdads51; 07/02/2023 1:52 AM.

~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 663
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 663
Here is a picture of what you describe.
Keep in mind I cut and placed an in-line fuel filter in the flex hose that attaches to the petcock valve. No matter how clean you think your gas tank is the filter catches quite a bit .
Good luck.
Todd
Attachments
Screenshot_20230701_191840_Gallery.jpg (121.19 KB, 173 downloads)

Last edited by Shaffer's1950; 07/02/2023 2:22 AM.

1950 Chevy 3100
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 223
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 223
Thanks, Todd...I just ordered the petcock!

Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 223
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 223
Thanks, Dan...I just ordered the petcock!

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 65
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 65
Just did this with my 1950. I added a metal carb filter between flex hose and shut off valve. I did not cut my hose. My gas tank is new but wanted to catch any future trash before fuel pump.


~ William Moore
1950 Chevy 3100
Truck Tuesday Reports
"Bringing 'OId Blue' Back to Life"
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
I added a filter like the one shown above. Easy to check for debris and to change when needed!


Ed

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0