The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (ronsway, Nick in Manitou), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1500438 05/11/2023 12:02 PM
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 5
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 5
So a few years back I mentioned to my boys that I would love to get a 1950 Chevy truck for my 50th birthday. I didn't think anything of it after that. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and it was my 50th birthday and I am sitting on the couch, my wife comes in with a blindfold and says "Don't ask, just come on."
We get in the side-by-side and roll down to my 30x40 shop that I tinker in. My kids are all there and they pull off the blindfold to reveal a 1949 Chevy 3600, all original but not running. Stunned is not a word I use lightly, but it works here.
I am now the incredibly proud owner of this beauty, so I am starting my research here on Stovebolt.com.
I will be asking tons of questions and probably posting lots of pictures. I was very happy to find this group.

Adam in Moravian Falls, NC.
Attachments
Beast-1.jpg (57.94 KB, 78 downloads)
Beast-2.jpg (41.95 KB, 77 downloads)
Beast-3.jpg (48.4 KB, 78 downloads)
Beast-4.jpg (48.55 KB, 78 downloads)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,408
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,408
Bigfoot561, Welcome to the BOLT. I sounds like you are are starting a great project, make sure you keep us up to date on your progress (WE LOVE PICTURES). As your in NC you are diffidently a "Southern Bolter", there are some great folks in this group. We are having our 3rd annual "Jamb0ree" in justa couple of weeks, it will be in conjunction with the Smoky Mountain Nationals in Townsend Tn. You and your family are more than welcome to come join in on our fun, you don't need to have your truck there to attend. We are glad you found us.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,600
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,600
Adam, you came to the right site to get info and encouragement on restoring your new truck!
It’s a long journey, but we will help you thru it.
Also like Tuts said, try to attend the Southern Jamboree in Townsend Tennessee.
Wife and I will be there for the gathering along with her fresh baked cookies.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Your wife knows the good things in life. you will enjoy the journey of keeping the dream alive. that Jamboree will be a Good event and nothing’s better than meeting fellow Stovebolters

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/11/2023 9:20 PM. Reason: *some* grammar ;)

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 5
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 5
Sadly we will not be able to make the Jamboree this year. Too much going on.
The next meetup I am there!!!

Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 556
S
Donald S.
Donald S.
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 556
Welcome Adam, I can assure you that you will get tons of answers to your questions( speaking from experience here). I was hoping to make it to Townsend also but have a graduation to attend in the wrong direction. Like tuts 59 says we like pictures! A lot!


1949 Chevy Carry All
Follow the resto in the Project Journals

1953 Chevy 5-window
"Frame off Restoration"
Follow the resto in the DITY

Beginning to End Slideshow
More images in Flickr
\|/\|/ Dual Ex. \|/\|/Dynamat

Please don't tell my wife how much this thing cost!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Maybe some Southern BBQ or a hot dog and cold pepsi will Get Adam down to my neck of S.C. smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, TUTS 59 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0