The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Flint48, Red75bronco, 78buckshot, Leo, wvstovebolt, TUTS 59, 1 invisible), 88 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,697
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1493884 03/25/2023 10:34 PM
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
Another day, another bad qc part. Tried to put everything to the radiator support today. Nothing bolted to it without modifying almost every hole.

So annoying.


1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 72
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 72
All part of the game we play. I enjoy making these come together.


1965 c-10 4 wheel drive conversion
Pix in the Gallery Forum
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,904
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,904
Join the club.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
Better yet. The new inner fender LMC sent me was the wrong side. Grrrrrr


1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
Fortunately, I've had very few ( two ) issues with purchased parts. Both were resolved with replacements and or refunds. Hope you have fewer problems going forward....


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Ferris,

You seem to have the worst luck when it comes to parts.

Hope you have worn out that gremlin and things go better from here on out!

Dan


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
I have gotten wrong parts all the time for ever. It has gotten to the point I take the old one with me so I can compare at the house. It is rediculous.


1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,904
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,904
I bought a water pump this week that is extremely high quality and was only $40!

Made in Japan!

I'll take anything made in Japan over just about any other country. Canada and Germany are right up there, too.

(it was for the '66 Mustang)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
Well. I have to own the latest mistake. When I had the issue of repaired damage on the inner fender I ripped the tag off the wrong box. So I gave them bad information. Shipping back to LMC is more than the value of the fender, so I simply bought another one.

Now I have a good one to sell locally. Grrrrr.


1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,904
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,904
Still, you wouldn't have been in that situation if the first part they sent you wasn't defective. I'd have argued that point.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Parts are hit or miss really, at parts stores or at vendors.

I've had good and junky bits from the same vendors, so I guess it just amounts to their parts makers.

It is sort of a moving target it seems with fitment and quality.

-Woog

Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
Yet another wrong part. Amazing how well things fit and look when you get the right carpet. Now I have an extra low hump carpet to add to the list of extra stuff sent to me. Maybe I will make floor mats out of the low hump one.
Attachments
20230518_193129.jpg (255.96 KB, 61 downloads)


1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0