The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, DHedrick), 128 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,408
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#147858 08/10/2006 12:59 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 9
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 9
I saw this while browsing through JC's huge Yahoo photo collection that he linked to in another post. There's a photo of (what appears to be) an Art-deco era 4x4 Chevy 1.5 ton. I'm pretty sure I see a front differential and manual hubs. Does anyone know any more about this truck? I've been dreaming of building something exactly like it. There's an unrestored '41 1.5 ton for sale locally and I'd like to buy it and add one ton axles (modifying appropriately - perch relocation and narrowing). A divorced transfer case would be used, or a later 4-speed tranny with transfer case attached. I want this to look period - no monster mudder ambitions here. Here's the truck I'm talking about:

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/sjelescheff/old%20trux/9ee0re2.jpg[/img]

#147859 08/10/2006 1:43 AM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
It's a cool looking truck, I've seen pics of military Art Decos with 4x4. Definately won't be the fastest truck around, but definately unique.

#147860 08/13/2006 1:58 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
I think this is military. The cabs of the military version were vertually the same as the commercial (I believe) and the firewall forward changed in terms of sheet metal for the military versions. A friend of mine just brought home a 41 military 1.5 ton and the wheels and hubs up front look just like these in the picture. Too bad we can't see the lugs as the military versions are 6 lug all the way around. I saw a 4x4 art deco COE military truck on ebay about a year ago which looked about like this so the military did have a use for some commercial type bodys used on military chassis.


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
#147861 08/27/2006 5:29 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6
3
New Guy
New Guy
3 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6
Scott,
Check out: http://www.cutsoldtrucks.com/

He's got some pretty unique 1940's F**D Marmon Herrington 4X4 conversions as well as some hard working stovebolts. He calls them "working class trucks".


37dually

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0