The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 82 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,378
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#147849 08/09/2006 9:46 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 21
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 21
I have been a stovebolt member for some time, and this is my first posting in this forum. I am midway through a ground up restoration of a stock 1951 chevy 3100 stepside, and I am really interested in perhaps doing the same to a 47-49 advanced design coe.
Can anyone give me some pointers, as to the best place to search for this type of truck, and what sort of price I can expect to pay? Any help would be appreciated. I am located in the U.K.and I enjoy the Stovebolt forums, and the wealth of information that they provide.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
Hi Kelvin, welcome to the forum. Ebay is about the best place on earth besides driving around and looking. UK would make the second option significantly more difficult. In regards to cost expectations, they are getting rare and will probably start at around $1000 for a decent truck needing full restoration. Ebay usually pretty well sets a fair price automatically by the nature of bidding. I'm sure Spanky and some of the other experts in the advanced design model will chime in with a little better pricing ideas also.


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Yes Kelvin, Tomcoe is right, ebay is probably the best place to find a COE. As he said, prices usually start around $1000. The market is usually up & down, with COE's. I've seen several of them lately, starting at $1000, & not even getting a bid, & then I've seen rust buckets, bring as much as $2000. Also do a google search for "COE For Sale", & see what you come up with. On ebay, do a search for COE, C.O.E, cabover, & cab over separately, & see what you come up with. Actually '47-'53 will be the same. See my trucks here, http://community.webshots.com/user/snubnose4754


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
Kevin...There's 1951 Chevy COE on E-Bay right now. The auction ends 8/11/06 19:46.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
I'd suggest doing some research on shipping a COE into England. I really know nothing about it, but I bet the cost and hassles would make a COE somewhere in the UK a much better deal even at a lot more money.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
The seller of this COE, told me it's on the way to Australia. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290006762591


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
I haven't really looked into it either, but from what has rubbed off on me, it isn't as bad as you would think going overseas as long as you aren't in a hurry (wait for the right boat with room). It is more than going across the states, but not a tremendous amount more. To hawaii is actually about the same or cheaper than maine to california concerning regular autos...kinda weird...that is what my uncle tells me who has shipped cars back and forth.


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 21
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 21
Thanks to everyone your thoughts and advice, I guess its going to be a waiting game, until one comes along!. Shipping to the U.K. is relatively straight forward, My 3100 took three weeks from collection.Cost for shipping in a container was around 1400 dollars.Not sure if you could get a Coe in a container,but roll on roll off is a slightly cheaper option.
once again thanks for the help

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Kelvin, Check with the buyer, or seller of that '48 COE Wrecker, I posted. It's supposed to be taken to Port, & shipped. I'm suspecting, by container.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0