Pa,
That thin metal on the hood at the back will be very difficult to repair, especially if you’re a novice. I’d consider myself a “good novice” and I wouldn’t want to try to fix that.
I’d find an original replacement. I have purchased quite a few aftermarket panels and VERY few fit like they’re suppose to.
I’ve done (among others);
Cab corners- had to tweak a little on some, others were “WHAT THE FIVE SENSE…” not even close, cut it apart to start. I haven’t had one simply slide into place.
RH 70 bedside- I had to cut out the rear taillight section and weld in an original corner because the contour was out 3/8”. A pile of work. The left side was pretty good. Tailgate from mar-k was good.
Replacement doors - 1970. The rh was pretty good, we shall see. The LH was brutal. I used an original LH door and reskinned it. The lower inner tubs were close, but again required quite a bit of work.
Floor panels, kick panels, fender patch panels, all required trimming, tweaking, welding to get right.
In other words, it’s a rcap shoot in my opinion. Search out an original. You’ll be happier you did.
If you do go aftermarket, don’t paint it until you test fit everything around/under it. You’ll be glad you did.
Last edited by Fox; 12/05/2022 4:09 AM.