Does anyone have pics of their ramp/wedge or rollback meduim duty trucks? Thinking of building a ramp truck bed for my 59 and looking to see what others have or have built. Most of what I have seen is the 1 ton chassis 67 and newer. For my build I was thinking a 10-12ft flat deck with a 2-4ft dovetail depending on what wheelbase I decide to go with.
Hippydave how long is your deck and ramps that you use? I do like the simplistic setup. THis is very much what I had in mind.
I was thinking short deck because I mostly haul short toys, Jeep/ samurai/SXS. I have a 12' decked trailer that I use to haul some of those toys with and they fit on it great without having excess trailer deck not being used. Then again having a 16-18ft deck would be good for cars and short pickups. I'll definitely have to put some thought into what I might need in the future with this hauler.
20ft is definitely a bit long for me but using your pictures I do have a rough Idea of what I want mine to look like. Changing chassis will give me the opportunity to use whatever wheelbase I want. Thanks for the pics Hippydave. Im pretty sure I've seen that little yellow machine running around somewhere, since we only live about 40 min away.
I've seen some dirt track car haulers built on a 1 ton chassis, and they're a little undersized for the job unless it's a really compact race car. 1 1/2 ton is definitely better, particularly if a full size car or a pickup is going onto the bed. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!