I've read posts on this forum for years, thought I'd introduce myself, My name is Danny i live in Yreka CA, I own a 1949 1 1/2 ton, flat bed dump, still gets used.
But more recently I've started gathering parts (one piece at a time) to build a 1954 5 window 1/2 ton, which brings me here today' I don't have post required to contact people on the Swap Meet Forum and there are guages for sale that would go nicely in my project truck, thus my first post.
I do enjoy reading and gathering information on this site, but i'm not much of a talker, even less when i have to type it.
Thanks for the wealth of info. Danny
Last edited by Peggy M; 07/11/20235:09 PM. Reason: added more info to the title
3 more posts and you’ll have full privileges to contact the seller of those gauges. You may find that posting here is addictive and wind up sharing your build story.
That’s a clean looking cab.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
You don't have to be a "Master Gabster" to participate. In your case, just a few more posts will get you past the moderated stage and enable you to use PM feature. I saw your post in the Swap Meet as you are intersted in Flattop49 '55 gauges.
Find a few other threads you find interesting a add a post. Even if it's just a word or two with a smilie or two. I'll keep watch until you have passed the moderation phase.
I, for one, am impressed that you are able to add an image AND put a tag line in there!! Way to go!
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Won't be long and you'll have the post you need to be able to PM other members.
Even after you do, should you need some help with posts or tracking down stuff in the Swap Meet, feel free to reach out.
Plenty of folks willing to help and don't have to be a gabber to get what you need!
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
This Cab was very rough, it still needs cab corners, I spend several weeks getting it ready for primer. I needed primer on it so i could get it through DMV and Highway Patrol inspections. Registration was completed now just need time to comtinue work.
No. They don't show in preview, which is a bummer. But you got it. Just have to take your time.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Although it is true that a Preview does not show attachments, if you don't like what you see when you make the post, you can easily Edit it and change things around.
Those AD trucks to me always seem like they have a smile on their faces. I'm more a TF person but I like all the old GM trucks, that cab looks real good. I like the 54 GMC instrument panel the best in the AD trucks. And glad your a member here, keep the pictures coming.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
Maybe you can place a flag over in the Whole Wild West (Coast). There ARE a lot of Bolters out there.
Here's the write up for WWW. Maybe now is a good time to crank it up a bit.
Quote
The Whole Wild West Coast
There are 1300 miles of just shoreline and only three states claiming it, so we were uncertain how to set this Side Lot up. (We started to call it the Wide West - but Oregon is only 260 miles wide ... ) So we just PUT IT OUT THERE, and we'll let you Bolters on the West Coast do THAT thinking.
Not sure how far is far, but this is the place to see who is closer than others. Hopefully, this will give you all a start in setting up some GABFest get togethers. Or just a place to share some good times and stories. Truck-related, or not.
Check here for details of other events that are coming up. If you've got an Event to mention, post away!
------- If not now, when? If not you, who? "Never ... no one" ~~ The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill