The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Justhorsenround, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln), 107 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1470842 10/12/2022 11:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2022
Posts: 557
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2022
Posts: 557
I've decided to install turn signals for safety. Stock parking lights on my 54 3100. Would like to convert them to turn signals which would not detract from the stock appearance of my truck. Will have to add another taillight but that would be simple enough. Anyone know where to get the appropriate socket for converting the front parking lights? Thanks.


~~ Jethro
1954 3100
Back to Life
In the Dity Gallery
1951 3100 (gone) / 1956 4400 (still in the neighborhood) / 1957 6400 with dump body (retired) / 1959 3100 panel (in the woods junked) / 1978 Custom Deluxe K10 / 1993 S-10 4.3 / 2004 Chevy Crew Cab / 1945 John Deere H / 1952 John Deere B / 1966 John Deere 2510 / 1967 John Deere 1020
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,842
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,842
LMC sells a conversion kit. Basically the socket w/pigtails and a dual filament bulb.

Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 10/13/2022 12:59 AM.

1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 105
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 105
I used sockets & bulbs for fronts and a 12v rear taillight from Classic Parts.

Let us know how your project turns out.


DonBolt
1955.1 3100
235, 12v, 5-window, 5 speed
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jun 2022
Posts: 557
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2022
Posts: 557
I bought sockets for 1154 bulbs and had to JB weld them in. Tested and work great. Adapted 2 side-marker lights for rear turn signals... using a 4 wire turn signal post that I had on hand from years ago. Should work fine.


~~ Jethro
1954 3100
Back to Life
In the Dity Gallery
1951 3100 (gone) / 1956 4400 (still in the neighborhood) / 1957 6400 with dump body (retired) / 1959 3100 panel (in the woods junked) / 1978 Custom Deluxe K10 / 1993 S-10 4.3 / 2004 Chevy Crew Cab / 1945 John Deere H / 1952 John Deere B / 1966 John Deere 2510 / 1967 John Deere 1020
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
I drilled some holes for sockets and used screws to hold them in and epoxy putty to seal them. The LED lights, similar to those below, are really bright. The stock glass lens is used. I don't have parking lights but I could redo things to give me those.

https://www.amazon.com/iBrightstar-Newest-Bright-Projector-replacement/dp/B071FB824J/ref=sr_1_11?crid=FX9O2H0ZT2TV&keywords=led%2Bturn%2Bsignal%2Blights&qid=1666563710&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI2Ljg3IiwicXNhIjoiNi4zNSIsInFzcCI6IjUuODkifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=led%2Bturn%2Bsignal%2Caps%2C439&sr=8-11&th=1
Attachments
TurnSignal1a.jpg (42.51 KB, 72 downloads)
TurnSignal3.jpg (57.27 KB, 72 downloads)

Last edited by Wally / Montana; 10/23/2022 10:45 PM.

1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,842
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,842
Parking lights. What are those even for? Nobody uses them for parking or they'd run down the battery.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
In my working days and when I was using the original lights, I would start the '48 in the dark and park it idling down the driveway and on the street to warm up on a cold, cold (I mean cold) morning. I'd leave the parking lights on.


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
Ok, here goes...on my 1954 I purchased the turn signal bucket, cancelling cam, lever / knob from classic parts and they work just fine. I went the "factory style reproduction "because I wanted the self cancelling feature after having another driver pull out in front of me because he thought I was turning onto the road he was exiting, and i had not heard or seen that I had not cancelled the turn signal from the last right turn.... I had to brake hard to keep from getting hit. I purchased the parking light/turn signal from The Filling Station and the Taillamp assemblies from Classic parts because they have the most correct pigtail I could find. Other suppliers provided a very cheap two wire cable with no good means of keeping the wires in the double contact terminals. I now have an extra set of taillight assemblies. As far as wiring, used the wiring diagram provided with Classics turn signal bucket which matches the Chevrolet Accessories Installation manual wiring instructions. And, it all works as it should.


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0