The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, joe apple), 64 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,139
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#146795 05/10/2006 10:42 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24
Sorry for being a pain, but...I've been to the inliner's site and the info for this year isn't complete. But I think I see the 292 being my engine: 8921970
I entered the VIN from the door frame: C6336J137845, in the American Classic site and a 1 ton sub is what I get. Am I doing this wrong or is there something fishy here? I know this is at least a 1.5 ton, duals, with a dump bed.
Thanks again,
Bill

#146796 05/11/2006 12:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy WCKaner, The casting number for your engine I think is 3921970 which translates to a 63-76 292, I can't help with the truck serial number as Canadian serial numbers are different, hope that helps.

#146797 05/11/2006 1:22 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24
Thanks 3B it sure helps to know just what I'm working with.

#146798 05/11/2006 8:00 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
Your VIN decodes as a 1966 conventional cab 60 series cab & chassis with 157" wheelbase. That would be a nominal 2-ton with 19500# GVWR. There should be a GVW plate on the truck.

The 292 was the only inline originally available in the '66 60 series trucks. If you would like to further verify what the engine is, look for the serial number stamped on a pad just aft of the distributor.


Curt
----
1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan
--"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"
#146799 05/11/2006 4:43 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24
Guys, thanks so much for your help.
Bill


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0