The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (78buckshot, 49oneton, Napco Man, Otto Skorzeny, tclederman), 121 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,623
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Hiya folks,

I was curious what sources are out there for looking up paint codes.

I didn't see anything in my shop manuals or supplements for the '63 and '65.

I was just wondering where this information lives? Paint code books for all Chevys for that year? Sales literature?

I know the restoration packs from GM have the codes and descriptions, anywhere else?

Is there a book for paint codes?

I'm just curious is all as I saw someone ask on another part of the internet and it got me to wondering.

date plate on my old '65 c10

Thanks for any info, no rush, just wondering.

-Woog

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,110
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,110
Here's a good site for that: Link
The Vehicle Info Kit should also have the info you're looking for: Link That probably won't have the codes, but the color names.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
klhansen,

thanks for the reply.

that is a handy site.

I have the codes for my truck, looked them up int the resto pack.

----

from General Motors restoration pack for the 1965 Chevrolet C10:

Paint Trim Code 507 = Blue, Light / Solid color option

All Series — White Vehicles have White bumpers, grille and hub caps. With all other exterior colors, the bumpers, grille and hub caps are painted Off-White except the grille on the G10 which is painted the body color. Mirror brackets are body color, mirror backs are black.

The AA part of the paint code is an Exterior color called: Tuxedo Black.

----

So, that 507 is a blue color, which makes sense. Not sure on the AA, tho' there is some black paint on my hood but I figured maybe that was a primer, or maybe a swapped hood. Who knows?

Anyways, I figure there are sources for this stuff, somewhere.

Cool link there.

-Woog


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0