The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Justhorsenround, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln), 107 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Was reading Mike Burns thread on the gas pedal rod and went out to my truck to view my setup and discovered that either I or someone, a long time ago shortened the length. So my question is when installing a '63 235 into a 49-54 truck does the stock 216 accelerator rod need to be shortened because the 235 is longer than a 216? My 235 came out of my '53, which I'm sure originally had a 216 way before I bought it. So I assume this modified pedal rod was already shortened during it's life in the '53. Then when my Front oak tree came down and crushed the '53, I bought the '50 and transferred the entire drivetrain from the '53 to the '50.


Below is a pic of my pedal rod which was shortened.


Craig
Attachments


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
My blog post explains the problem. Some choose to shorten the rod rather then move the pivot point.
http://chev235guy.blogspot.com/search/label/216%20235%20Throttle%20Pivot%20Positions?m=0


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,004
2
'Bolter
'Bolter
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,004
When you list two numbers like
9 1/8 and 12 9/16 in the same line

What do they mean, which is it?

Like one of them is probably a dimension from the back of the block but if so then what is the other dimension
It’s important to be explicit in documentation and instructions
Ambiguity leads to questions like I have now

Thanks
-s
Attachments

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Dave,
Thanks a bunch on the info. It all makes sense. Went out and looked for a forward pivot position and nope, not there. It's worked flawlessly for so many years. To self: Don't touch


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
Originally Posted by 2ManyTrucks
When you list two numbers like
9 1/8 and 12 9/16 in the same line

What do they mean, which is it?

Like one of them is probably a dimension from the back of the block but if so then what is the other dimension
It’s important to be explicit in documentation and instructions
Ambiguity leads to questions like I have now

Thanks
-s

This chart was made for me as a reference in my shop to help me when I needed to modify an engine for conversion.
I see where someone coming in without point of reference could be confused.
When I get a minute I will rewrite my blog post to clear it up.
Thanks


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0