The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Whatcha doing now?
What did you get done on your Bolt today? - 2021 and later
The original thread is still in tact and we have 14 pages already for this time frame. A "mini-Project Journal" if you will.

Stovebolt driving report
Started by Cletis in 2012 - 36 pages and going strong!

Who uses their truck as a truck - 2021 and later

Re-started this thread. Three pages and counting.

Bolters in the Side Lot
are planning get togethers and what not. See who's near you.

Stay busy; keep warm!
Share your enthusiam.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
3 members (Peggy M, Chevrolet Canada, 1 invisible), 57 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,323
Posts1,054,065
Members46,606
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
'Bolter
Would someone be able to shed some light as to when and why the pedals on this truck are suspended from under the dash rather than up from the floor. Canadian truck for context.

M
'Bolter
Couple of questions for you folks. If my truck was the second off the assembly line, how much stock should I put in that?

Is there a way to tell which trim package I have off a serial or model #?

Why does my 60 have pedals suspended from under the dash?

If I were to get rid of my truck does it make financial sense to part or sell whole?

Hopefully these are appropriate questions and expect to get lots of resistance on the parting idea, so fire away.

Thanks for the consideration.

Attached Images
20210414_194639.jpg (364.7 KB, 209 downloads)
H
'Bolter
Your trim package is custom. Includes all that chrome, grill, and some interior bits. We need more pictures to see it all. Might find an RPO designation on the tag up by left cowl or on a build sheet stitched into frame of seat. You can read all about the features from the heritage pages (links within stovebolt).
The fleet side bed trim is hard to find complete and if you have trim under the rear window that's hens teeth. I would not separate or piece the trim out. And I would treat it with care.
Not sure of condition of cab and panels but I would think the truck should very much stay together. I suspect we can find a bit more info on your truck if you review the left cowl tag and find the build sheet

HB

1966 Chevrolet K-10
Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders
In the Stovebolt Gallery [stovebolt.com]
More pictures on Photobucket [s160.photobucket.com]

1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
H
'Bolter
Not sure why but the pedals were part of and attached via a large bracket that suspended under the column and dash. Normal for a number of years.
Is there more to the question? Is your bracket not complete or otherwise not functional. Easily replaced if needed.

HB

1966 Chevrolet K-10

1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
H
'Bolter
Back to your bed and cab trim. Gold. Don't separate.

HB

1966 Chevrolet K-10

1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
B
'Bolter
1 more voice for don't hotrod it.
Is this a 6 cyl rig?

BC
1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 3.73 dana 44
1949 GMC 250 project in waiting
1960 C60 pasture art
Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022
M
'Bolter
Perhaps my understanding that the 60 truck should have had pedals coming up from the floor is the problem. As I find information on these trucks I perhaps shouldn't be so willing to take it for truth. Coming here has solidified that notion.

M
'Bolter
Originally Posted by Hambone
Your trim package is custom. Includes all that chrome, grill, and some interior bits. We need more pictures to see it all. Might find an RPO designation on the tag up by left cowl or on a build sheet stitched into frame of seat. You can read all about the features from the heritage pages (links within stovebolt).
The fleet side bed trim is hard to find complete and if you have trim under the rear window that's hens teeth. I would not separate or piece the trim out. And I would treat it with care.
Not sure of condition of cab and panels but I would think the truck should very much stay together. I suspect we can find a bit more info on your truck if you review the left cowl tag and find the build sheet

I will do some hunting to find those items you referenced, RPO = what?

M
'Bolter
Originally Posted by BC59
1 more voice for don't hotrod it.
Is this a 6 cyl rig?

Yes. I believe 235 cubic inch and the serial number on engine matches the truck serial plate

M
'Bolter
Originally Posted by Hambone

I am amazed that there is so much depth here. I wish I would have found you folk earlier. If I posted a pic in my intro does it make sense to repost it here or does that clutter up things?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Hambone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop