The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Woodcmiami, Bill Hanlon), 112 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#146365 04/05/2006 2:33 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2
I have a 1952 two-ton former firetruck with a two speed rear end. The master cylinder is leaking, and I can only find a rebuild kit for 1 1/4" diameter, but this system is 1 1/2". Does anyone have any leads on who makes a rebuild kit for this? Thanks

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
Your local auto parts store should be able to look in the specs. section of their brake book and be able to find the individual parts for an 1 1/2 bore. They might not find it under it's application. I rebuilt the master cyl. on my '48 2ton, and I think the local Bumper to Bumper ordered a kit and had it the next day. I don't remember if it was 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 though. Maybe fire trucks were bigger? Good luck.


Keith
If it were easy they'd have grade schoolers doing it!
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
My 47 uses the 1 1/4 cylinder. I think I saw in the info from chevy that a school bus 2 ton used the larger 1 1/2 bore cylinder.


Jeff
1947 Chevy 6400 2-ton
In the Gallery
1953 3/4-ton
In the Gallery
It was fun while it lasted
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
I went to an automotive brake rebuilder for my old 1-1/2 ton brake hydraulics,and bought just the cup for about .90,and the cups for the wheel cylinders for .59 each. All the old boots and springs were okay. They had cups clear up to 2-1/4 inch.
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 26
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 26
You can also find 1 1/2 ton Master Cylinder rebuild kit at Obsolete Chevy Parts Co. Their web site is www.obschevy.com. Kit lists for $16.95.
By the way.. the front wheel cylinders on the 1 1/2 ton use the 1 1/4 inch wheel cylinder whereas the backs use the 1 1/2 inch wheel cylinder. I see front kits listed, but not rears. I only found the rubber cups at my local NAPA store, so I had to polish the old metal pistons which luckily weren't pitted or scored.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Napa part # 209


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 66
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 66
Bossman, weird, when I click on the link in your post, I come up with a Harley outfit (two wheel bolts), but when I Google "Obsolete Chevy Parts Co." I get the same address, click on it, and get the right web site???

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 26
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 26
There is a mistake in the link for some reason. Take the period out after the .com and before the slash. That makes the difference. I am not sure how it got there except I probably used a period to end the sentence and it got picked up when the link was made. I too got to a Harley site using the link as listed. If you take out the last period it works fine. Sorry about that.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
Bossman - all ya gotta do is click the paper/pencil icon at the top of that post to edit it and fix the error! - then you can learn some more by clicking the edit icon on yer 2nd post and check the "delete post" box top left and click "edit post" to take it right out grin

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0