Written by Lugnutz
Easy Peezy lemon squeezy.
Every Internet page has a Web address or URL.
To create a link to another website, simply follow the steps. This can be done on your Smart phone or computer.
1. Pull up the web page you want
the URL of that page (CTRL and the C key at the same time). The link will be copied to your clipboard. Some web sites (like YouTube) have a "SHARE" button. When you "smash that share button," a dialog box appears with the URL. When you hit "copy," the URL is copied to the clipboard.
2. On Stovebolt
, create a new post or move to reply to a post
. If a reply, choose FULL EDITOR at the bottom of the dialog box.
3. Type your comments
4. Put the cursor
where you want the LINK to appear within the text of your comments. Usually at the end of your comments, but somewhere in the middle will work too.
5. Next, click the link icon
-- it looks like the EARTH WITH A CHAIN LINK. (Earth=Web / chain link=link)
6. A little window will appear on your screen with https:// in the box. Click inside and erase the https:// so the box is completely blank. The cursor will still remain in the box. Now, PASTE
(CTRL and the V key at the same time) the web address that is saved on your clipboard. The URL appears inside the box. [With a smart phone, a touch of the screen inside the box should result in a pop-up option of “paste” on the screen. It does the same thing.]
7. You should now see the web address inside the little box. Hit the enter
key or OK button. The little window is now blank and waiting for you to assign a TITLE
(name) for the LINK. Type a title or description -- something like: "images to Homecoming" or even: "LINK TO VIDEO" inside that box. Then hit enter or OK.
8. All of this should result in special characters appearing within the text of the post that will result in a link. For a YouTube video, omit "http://" and just use "www.filename.com so that the video is not embedded (but the link is there -- a YouTube thing!).
9. Complete your post and then test (Preview Post) to make sure the link works properly.