The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,494
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1461514 08/05/2022 8:45 PM
Joined: May 2021
Posts: 42
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: May 2021
Posts: 42
Working on a 1950 Chevy 3100 and would like to know the sizes of the bolts that the Factory Assembly Manual indicates. I have three numbers: 122017, 122007 and 120229 . These numbers are associated with the front end panels assembly, i.e., inner fender well, fender brackets etc. Would love to have a "cheat sheet" so I could eliminate the head scratching and cussing
. Any help appreciated . Thanks


1950 Chevy 3100 PU all stock
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Lots of us would love to have that "cheat sheet", but it's hard to track down using FAM numbers. It's been discussed a number of times here on Stovebolt.comApparently the PN's for the bolts were changed over the years and don't show up in the parts manual, although the corresponding nut sizes can be tracked down which will give you the bolt diameter and thread. I believe most of the bolts you're looking at are 5/16" - 18 threads per inch, and roughly 3/4" long. I think the rod type fender supports (rear of the front fenders) might be 1/4-20 and 1/2" or 5/8" long.

Welcome to the forums. You should post in the Welcome Center forum and tell us a bit about yourself and your truck.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
I have a complete bumper to bumper polished stainless set for my 53-3100. They are all in little bags and labeled. I can see what my kit has in it if you want or anybody else. I can't guarantee it's right but it's a start. It's got every bolt, screw, washer and pin for the whole truck except the chassis. It's a high end kit.
Attachments
body bolt 2.jpg (155.18 KB, 128 downloads)
body bolt 3.jpg (367.23 KB, 126 downloads)
body bolt 4.jpg (382.99 KB, 126 downloads)
body bolt 5.jpg (327.6 KB, 126 downloads)
body bolt 6.jpg (301.84 KB, 126 downloads)


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,842
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,842
That's pretty nice. I like how organized it is with individual marked bags.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Originally Posted by mick53
I have a complete bumper to bumper polished stainless set for my 53-3100. They are all in little bags and labeled. I can see what my kit has in it if you want or anybody else. I can't guarantee it's right but it's a start. It's got every bolt, screw, washer and pin for the whole truck except the chassis. It's a high end kit.

I say that should be a free T shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
Bolt and fastener identification is painful at times, that's for sure. Take a look at this pdf file , you may find what you are looking for. This is from the 1954 Parts & accessories manual, Standard Parts. Hope it helps.
Attachments
GM Bolts & Nuts & Other.pdf (470.72 KB, 21 downloads)


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,930
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,930
Dusty53,

Thanks for sharing that list. Provides a very detailed quick resource.

Saved to my resource library for future reference.

Much appreciated! thumbs_up

Dan


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Dusty53's attachment was what I was referring to above. I'd researched that before, but none of the numbers I had found in the FAM could be matched up to Dusty's list. Maybe the bulk part numbers listed there are just different than individual bolts. ohwell


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
Originally Posted by klhansen
Dusty53's attachment was what I was referring to above. I'd researched that before, but none of the numbers I had found in the FAM could be matched up to Dusty's list. Maybe the bulk part numbers listed there are just different than individual bolts. ohwell

Kevin you are correct, some of this stuff is just a mystery to me .


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 122
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by Otto Skorzeny
That's pretty nice. I like how organized it is with individual marked bags.
Ditto!

Joined: May 2021
Posts: 42
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: May 2021
Posts: 42
Thanks for the input from everyone. The 1954 sheet looked great but the numbers of course are not the same as 1950. I'll keep watch though. Thanks again Curt


1950 Chevy 3100 PU all stock
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Your 122007 and 120229 numbers are definitely 5/16-18 hex head bolts. I couldn't find a reference to 122017 in the FAM. If you'll let me know what page you're looking at I can track down the diameter and pitch for you.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0