The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (‘37ChevyPU, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, CuzzFuzz, Shaffer's1950, SlimSix, TrknGMC, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,451
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
Made a 2x6 beam extension. Figured it out on the fly. Saw something like this on YouTube but couldn’t remember details. Balance point slightly off but a couple blocks on drive side of beam would have helped. But it didn’t matter. It pivots - no one around. Lifted it, rolled frame back, lifted and pushed with one hand and tilt to clear shifter and emergency brake, slowly let down. Easy peasy. Didn’t need bodies - it was just an easy one man show. Yay! Beerthirty now. -tom
Attachments
7201438E-E37B-41E1-A47D-B94A75B5C099.jpeg (175.03 KB, 208 downloads)
12E274A0-AC8D-4F77-80C9-B8D2D900F3BA.jpeg (362.02 KB, 204 downloads)
D3FE60F5-BABD-46C5-8836-047CF88AAF00.jpeg (338.07 KB, 206 downloads)
B2B2C7F3-90FF-48B0-BC76-E00B611CDCF4.jpeg (229.74 KB, 207 downloads)
56D64F9A-6CC1-441B-9E10-AAFC01127159.jpeg (302.02 KB, 130 downloads)

Last edited by tom moore; 07/31/2022 2:02 PM.

1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,710
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,710
Great Idea! I used my motor lift to my cab also.
I used a board between the cowl and the brace on the back wall.
Attachments
Waynestruck002-10.jpg (70.76 KB, 188 downloads)
Waynestruck001-9.jpg (56.88 KB, 187 downloads)

Last edited by Wayne67vert; 07/30/2022 8:13 PM.

Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Great job Tom. Where there’s a will there’s a way.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,836
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,836
Tom, I'm curious about your OSB floor.

Why a wooden floor in a shop?

Is that laid on a concrete slab? And why narrow panels instead of full sheets?

Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 07/31/2022 12:28 PM.

1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
Here is a good conversation, Otto … good questions.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...hops-installing-a-floor.html#Post1457227

Last edited by tom moore; 07/31/2022 1:55 PM.

1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,836
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,836
That's pretty neat, Tom.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0