Made a 2x6 beam extension. Figured it out on the fly. Saw something like this on YouTube but couldn’t remember details. Balance point slightly off but a couple blocks on drive side of beam would have helped. But it didn’t matter. It pivots - no one around. Lifted it, rolled frame back, lifted and pushed with one hand and tilt to clear shifter and emergency brake, slowly let down. Easy peasy. Didn’t need bodies - it was just an easy one man show. Yay! Beerthirty now. -tom
Great Idea! I used my motor lift to my cab also. I used a board between the cowl and the brace on the back wall.
Last edited by Wayne67vert; 07/30/20228:13 PM.
Wayne 1938 1-Ton Farm Truck Stovebolt Gallery Forums 1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!
Great job Tom. Where there’s a will there’s a way.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Is that laid on a concrete slab? And why narrow panels instead of full sheets?
Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 07/31/202212:28 PM.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)