I've done some research and the Master Parts List shows that the wiper motor control for 1947 - 1953 is a different part number than the part number for 1954-1955. #3699117 for 1947-1953 and 3703852 for 1954-1955 1st. Has anyone used the earlier control on a 1954 / 1955 1st , will it work ?
Ron - - Dusty53 1954 Chevy 3604 In the Gallery Forum "You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell." "They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."
I suppose it's possible to rig-up a clamp to hold the cable housing and maybe attached a carburetor choke swivel (for cable center) to the arm of the 47-53 knob. Nah! Too much trouble. Look on ebay and buy a used cable, for example (https://www.ebay.com/itm/313263487817). More than needed but you never know when you need spares. You can buy a new repop knob to replace the ratty one.
"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use." "I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."
Buoymaker , thank you for the valuable information. I went ahead I made the purchase.
Ron - - Dusty53 1954 Chevy 3604 In the Gallery Forum "You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell." "They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."