The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, fonz8261, Hugh63c10, kbenz), 167 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,660
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 105
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 105
I live in Grants Pass, Oregon. I bought my 1955 1st series 5 window last Thanksgiving. I almost immediately joined this forum. But I haven't taken the time to say hello. Neither have I taken the time to say thanks for all the times I've visited here and found useful information.

THANK YOU.

You are an amazingly experienced and helpful group.

Truthfully, I enjoy tinkering in my shop rather than staring at my computer screen, but I know where to come for help.

I look forward to helping others down the road.

My truck is a barn find that was stored for 30 years. The seller bought it and went through it to get it running for resale. If he made money, he deserved to, because I love my truck. I plan to retain its barn find character while improving its mechanical functions.
Attachments
1.jpg (13.99 KB, 11 downloads)
1955.1 5-window 3100
2.jpg (23.98 KB, 11 downloads)
3.jpg (19.7 KB, 11 downloads)
4.jpg (15.16 KB, 11 downloads)
5.jpg (21.57 KB, 11 downloads)


Last edited by Peggy M; 09/25/2023 6:15 PM.

DonBolt
1955.1 3100
235, 12v, 5-window, 5 speed
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake

Last edited by Peggy M; 09/25/2023 6:15 PM.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
Hello Don, we're glad you found us and are thrilled with your intent to share your knowledge.

Welcome to the Stovebolt

John

Last edited by Peggy M; 09/25/2023 6:16 PM.

~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Don, welcome to Stovebolt. You couldn't have picked a better place.... guaranteed!!!!
See you around the garage.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,458
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,458
Welcome from N.E. Oregon, glad to have you onboard!


BC
1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc
1949 GMC 250 project in waiting
1960 C60 pasture art
Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 95
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 95
Ditto on the welcome from Oregon. (Prineville here) . It seems we may have enough members to plan a get together sometime, somewhere in Oregon.


1953 3100 Pu
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,607
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Online: Content
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,607
From one Don to another, welcome aboard the great ship of knowledge about these old iron trucks.
Just ask away any questions and if you dare, organize a Meet and Greet in the great Northwest.
We will all be interested and reading about it!

Don King

Last edited by 2-Ton; 02/17/2022 6:36 PM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Welcome from downunder . you will enjoy the friendship you will get from here . I never liked looking at a computer either but have enjoyed Stovebolt and met some good people

Last edited by Peggy M; 09/25/2023 6:16 PM.

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 105
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 105
I like the idea of an PNW meet up. Maybe after I get my truck road worthy, particularly after I swap the 3 speed for a T5!


DonBolt
1955.1 3100
235, 12v, 5-window, 5 speed
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
I bought a 39 Chevy pickup from Grants pass about 20 years ago! Welcome to the 'bolt.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 105
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 105
Grants Pass, I'm learning is a big motorhead town. Lots of clubs and activities.


DonBolt
1955.1 3100
235, 12v, 5-window, 5 speed
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0