Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,098 Posts1,056,165 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 84 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 84 | Anyone out there have a recommendation on a good distributor rebuild service? I need to get the dist. for my GMC 336 rebuilt and dialed in. I sent one distributor to ignition engineering in Anaheim CA over a year ago and can’t get the guy to return my calls or emails. I think his name is John Cause. Super frustrated. Anyway, luckily I think I have an extra distributor. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Craig
1953 3100 | 1958 3/4-ton NAPCO
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | Graydon,
Is that a Pontiac V-8 engine? If so, any Pontiac distr. should fit?
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,803 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,803 | I found similar complaints online about John Cause and his company going back to 2015.
Try
Frank Quinn Auto Electric 4237 Bladensburg Rd Colmar Manor, MD 20722
301-927-7878
Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 02/01/2022 2:29 PM.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2018 Posts: 2,450 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2018 Posts: 2,450 | Graydon If Ed Pruss is right find a pontiac HEI or if that bombs get a donor HEI and modify it to fit. On 235 Chevys I use the ones that are not computer controlled,can build it at home with tools you have,not rocket science. | | |
| |