I’m replacing the cable on my 50 seat frame and the manual says to replace seat regulator springs after installing the cable. The only spring I see is on the release handle on the drivers side. Am I missing a spring? The manual doesn’t show much.
There should be 2 large seat adjuster springs on each side of the frame
Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 01/12/202211:21 PM.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joe , I'm glad I seen this post! My seat also does not have those springs so I have to "scoot " it forward or back using my body. Otto , you have any idea where a person could buy seat springs?
Ron - - Dusty53 1954 Chevy 3604 In the Gallery Forum "You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell." "They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."
Most hardware stores have a selection of springs. At least the local one does and I'm hoping they have ones that will work, as my seat springs are missing as well. Maybe Otto will be kind enough to post the dimensions of his springs. Although I may never move my seat once it's installed. I don't know if I'll ever let my wife (a full foot shorter than I am) ever drive my truck once it's done. [on edit] found the part numbers (and some dimensions) in the parts manual (pics attached).
Last edited by klhansen; 01/13/20228:47 PM.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
klhanson You'll be able to move that seat OK once you get your springs installed. Once had a 54 hydramatic she said where is the key for that truck ?? Imediately took it to the flower beds to move some stuff !! So...better stay out of that shorter girls way LOL !!!
There should be 2 large seat adjuster springs on each side of the frame
With so many people installing bucket seats in these trucks you'd think there's be a glut of original seat hardware around. Unfortunately I think most people throw away the old stuff.
I too have had good luck finding things in a well stocked Ace Hardware. They even had a set of hood springs identical to those in my '56 Cadillac for $10.00. The resto shops sell them for $100.
Take KL Hanson's measurements and look for something close. Note the hooks on each end in my photos. There they are laying on the floor after I pulled the seat.
Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 01/16/20224:16 PM.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)