The rear output transmission seal (and I would bet the bushing) is out on my 35 Chev causing me to lose transmission lube down the torque tube to the rear end. I still use the truck daily to chore with so I won’t throw a seal in it without replacing the bushing unless I have no other options. It’s been used in the family since new to haul wheat, feed silage, and chore daily so I know it has plenty of wear.
I can find lots of rear bushings and seals for Masters and half tons, but nothing for the big trucks with the four speed. Does anyone know of one or have the bushing dimensions so I could turn one?
Notjustair just measure it and turn one out,get numbers off your old seal use speedy sleeve on yoke. You can fix it OH and by the way that is a super truck what a piece !!!
I am not sure about a 1935 but my 1937 and later trucks do not have a rear transmission seal. This is because the u-joint needs lubrication and it gets it from gear oil coming through the rear bearing. The seal and bushing are in the the front of the torque tube. If those fail, you can replace them (assuming you find replacements) or install a quick fix combined bushing and seal, also called an Okie bushing. Kent
Last edited by Lightholder's Dad; 12/19/20213:45 PM.