The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Paul Mullen, delwrench, 2-Ton, 1955 1 Series), 70 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
I got my water pump pulley back from powder coating today. This finishes my accessory drive setup. My P/S and A/C is all electric. This was a long road but I'm calling it a success. This pulley started it's life as a reverse rotation Ford pulley and I redeemed it. I countersunk the bolts to clear the blower belt. shaved down the spacer and put the 8 ribs in it. I also made a different alternator bracket. This goes in my 53 3100.
Attachments
water pump groove 10.jpg (416.61 KB, 143 downloads)
water pump pulley anodized 1.jpg (301.83 KB, 144 downloads)
water pump pulley anodized 2.jpg (273.68 KB, 139 downloads)
water pump pulley anodized 3.jpg (326.4 KB, 140 downloads)
alt adj 4.jpg (285.54 KB, 137 downloads)


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 148
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 148
Your work looks fantastic!

What EFI engine management system are you using? I see what looks like a 60-2 crank trigger wheel...


-David

1953 2-Ton GMC

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
Looks good, are you worried about all the leverage out on the end of the crank? The front main bearing is sure going to have a load on it.

Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
[img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/33384/filename/carb studs 2.jpg[/img]
Originally Posted by DavidBraley
Your work looks fantastic!

What EFI engine management system are you using? I see what looks like a 60-2 crank trigger wheel...
I'm running 2 Quick Fuel 650 DP supercharger carbs with Electromotive TECs200 direct fire ignition.
Attachments
ignition.jpg (294.93 KB, 115 downloads)
carb studs 2.jpg (397.25 KB, 117 downloads)

Last edited by mick53; 07/27/2021 1:43 PM.

Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
Originally Posted by Joe H
Looks good, are you worried about all the leverage out on the end of the crank? The front main bearing is sure going to have a load on it.
That was discussed extensively with Crower when they made my billet crank. I'm not sure what the magic is they did but it's all BBC. Also when BHJ made my damper it has a BBC seal on it. The damper that is on there is a slip fit mock up hub they made for me at no additional charge.


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,821
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,821
Putting the load of driving the blower that far ahead of the front main bearing is going to break the crankshaft, probably sooner rather than later. Of course, if it's only for show, that little issue probably won't present itself. The blower drive should have been the first thing ahead of the block, not the last. At least that's the way we built 2K+ HP unlimited class truck pull engines, and won a lot of pulls with them.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
He can find/design/build a crank support if needed.

Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
I didn't design this thing. I'm guessing that the folks at Crower that designed my $8500 crankshaft knew what they were doing as did Gaerte Racing Engines. If a 1000 HP and mid 8's is for show your spot on. Thank you for your input.


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 148
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 148
Originally Posted by mick53
I'm running 2 Quick Fuel 650 DP supercharger carbs with Electromotive TECs200 direct fire ignition.

Wow! This motor of yours isn't even finished yet and it's very impressive.


-David

1953 2-Ton GMC

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
Wow! This motor of yours isn't even finished yet and it's very impressive.[/quote]
Thank you. I have been working on it for over 3 years. I'm having everything engineered for 1300 HP but will never run it over 1000 HP. Probably about 5 or 6 hundred on pump gas. I started out with a 4-71 blower and 3 deuces but moved up to the 6-71 and duel quads when I got my Ryan Falconer head. I flows 340 intake and 220 exhaust. It's one head off his V-12 billet engine that is based on two Chevy 292's and has the same bore spacing. The V-12 runs around 5500 HP and cost more than a nice house. Ryan is 85 and I'm not sure how old his son Erik is. They still run the business and are a great resource and great guys.


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0