The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (walter74, Southerntruck, Jon G, Peggy M, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 204
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 204
Does anyone have a source for the axle hub gaskets chevy part number 3650732 or have a cross reference number?

Last edited by Chevy's till I d; 04/24/2021 6:13 PM.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Rear wheel hub cover gasket that keeps the axle shaft in?
That's not a particularly hard working gasket and it's easy to get to so low risk in making your own.
I like to use premade gaskets whenever available but some gaskets are just as easy to make, this would be one of them.

If you're still searching for the new gasket at the auto parts store I believe the same rear hub gasket with 5 holes were used on the 10 lug (wheel) 3500HD (the model with I-beam front axle) with Dana 80 or Dana 70HD.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 204
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 204
So far I've been able to find every part that I need, it takes some searching and luck but somebody has these gaskets sitting on a shelf. The local parts stores are pretty much worthless except NAPA. I'm taking one of the hub gaskets there today to try and match it up with some they have. I've got a source about an hour from me that has a warehouse full of old small parts, gaskets, bearings, seals, etc. But nothing is cataloged or indexed so it's like finding a needle in a haystack but I've always found what I needed. For me part of the fun of restoring the old beast is the search. I'm retired so time doesn't matter. Yes, I could make the gaskets but where's the fun in that?

Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 204
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 204
I got both the front and rear gaskets at NAPA. Thanks Grigg for the tip, it made it easy to locate these gaskets.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Glad it worked out.
What part number did they end up being, and where did you get them?


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0