The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Chip O, Buckeye998, WICruiser), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1406664 04/19/2021 2:47 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
I got this chassis for the 270, bell & trans, question is what could I ballpark expect $$ when parting out the rest? front bumper, 1 ton diff, front axle, frame, 6 each 19.5 one piece wheels. Thanks
Attachments
1.JPG (263.99 KB, 279 downloads)
2.JPG (214.48 KB, 288 downloads)
3.JPG (367.88 KB, 283 downloads)
4.JPG (407.53 KB, 273 downloads)

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
19.5’s with 8 on 6.5 wheels are desirable.

Ed

Last edited by EdPruss; 04/19/2021 5:02 PM.

'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
EdPruss #1406715 04/19/2021 9:23 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
Know a ballpark price?
Thanks

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
What area of Missouri are you at?
Will the wheels fit a 57 GMC one ton?


Don

Last edited by 2-Ton; 04/20/2021 6:06 PM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
2-Ton #1406762 04/20/2021 2:18 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
They are from a 57 GMC 1 ton. Wood Heights area.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Buying and selling! nono


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
Note: I didnt post this as a sell thread I posted it as an opinion/info thread. I am not and will not deal in this thread.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
You and Don need to take this to PM. Thanks


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
Already noted. I continue to welcome any opinions or info on the original subject matter. Thanks

Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 238
P
Rustbucket Ranch
Rustbucket Ranch
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 238
Thats a score! thumbs_up


1949 Chevy 3100 (In the family since new)
1955.5 Chevy 3100 - in the DITY Gallery - (Dad's truck)
1955 Chevy 6500 - in Big Bolts - (Possible parts truck?)
1958 Chevy 3800 w/9 ft bed - in Project Journals - (Current project)
1959 Chevy Spartan 10400 - in Big Bolts
Possum #1406854 04/20/2021 5:49 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
Thanks Possum now if I can just figure out how much of a score ohwell smile

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
PM will be sent after it quits snowing.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
2-Ton #1406861 04/20/2021 6:20 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 128
Copy that. Snowed like a son of a gun all morning here, cant never tell it now its done all melted and the sun is out.

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
On the low end, scrap value is a good starting point. Know your weight and know your local scrap market for scrap steel and you have the low end.


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 2
S
Moderated
Moderated
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 2
I am doing a 1959 3800 and I need the rear top leaf springs bump stops on the frame. Can barely see one on one picture. I need all four. Would you be willing to cut those off and sell them to me?

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Sam, we do not allow buying/selling in the regular garage forums. Please take this transaction to Private Messages. You will have to make a couple more posts to unlock that privilege. The original poster has listed an email address in his profile. You can view that by clicking on his username. Go by the Welcome Center and introduce yourself. Thank you.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 238
P
Rustbucket Ranch
Rustbucket Ranch
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 238
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
I am doing a 1959 3800 and I need the rear top leaf springs bump stops on the frame. Can barely see one on one picture. I need all four. Would you be willing to cut those off and sell them to me?
Are you talking about those rubber bump stops? They can be bought new


1949 Chevy 3100 (In the family since new)
1955.5 Chevy 3100 - in the DITY Gallery - (Dad's truck)
1955 Chevy 6500 - in Big Bolts - (Possible parts truck?)
1958 Chevy 3800 w/9 ft bed - in Project Journals - (Current project)
1959 Chevy Spartan 10400 - in Big Bolts
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
It’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You already know there’s interest in them so post your for sale ad and be done!


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO

Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0