The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, Simso, Roy Rodgers, Gray_Ghost), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1406616 04/19/2021 12:49 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
We removed the rear doors on my kid's '52 panel today. There's a bit of play in one pin otherwise the hinges dont seem too bad. Can new pins be pressed in after the old ones are pressed out? Are the pins special? Anyone have dimensions for the pins? Any other tips appreciated. Thanks.


It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,482
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,482
Chev’s of the 40’s carry these repair kits, although not in stock at this time. They do have the dimensions listed. Here is the link. https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detai...in_With_Bushings_Back_Door_Suburban.html


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
Thanks, Phil. I contacted Chevs of the 40s and they don't think they wil ever get them in as "no one's making them now." I may check out Doorman and see if I can match the dimensions


It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 1
I
Moderated
Moderated
I Offline
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 1
You can try the Filling Station, looks like they might have what you need.

door hinge partshttps://store.fillingstation.com/shop/?year=1952&vehtype=Truck&search=hinge&searchtype=FT

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
I had to rebuild my barn door hinges and had to re drill the holes on the drill press. I had to go a little oversized and ended "up using hinge pins for a dodge. I used 23/64' diameter hinge pins and cut them down to 2 11/16" long, beveling the end I cut off like original. The ribs at the top of the pin need to be at least 3/8" long and no more than 7/16" long.

Last edited by bowtietim; 04/29/2021 2:59 AM.

1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0