The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ponchogl, DadsFirstPickup, Otto Skorzeny), 204 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1403210 03/27/2021 2:01 AM
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 19
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 19
Hi all thanks for allowing me in. I am a pastor and restore cars and now trucks on the side. I really just restore my own but a friend has asked me to work on his 1951 Chevy 3600. So since the chevy is my first truck i knew i needed to join a group they knew way more than me about them. I work slow because my first calling is the church and it takes a lot of time. I have just recently completed a full restoration of a 1980 Triumph Spitfire, those will test your patience! I am in the middle of a frame off of a 55 chevy four door car that my grandfather purchased new. My dad died this past July and since then i have been on the hunt for some of his old cars he sold that i once drove. So since July i have been able to retrieve our old 1967 chevy van 108, and just got the first car i ever drove our old 1964 Ford fairlane wagon. So alone with a 57 Nash and a 55 Ford Custom sitting in the yard i have my work cut out for me.

Last edited by Peggy M; 01/16/2024 11:42 PM. Reason: added more info to the title

1951 Chevy 3600
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Pastor, welcome to the 'bolt. Please post some pictures of your treasures.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,480
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,480
Welcome Pastor James to the “Bolt”. I’m curious, are you trying to buy the actual cars you drove or just the same model? Anyway, as Rusty Rod said, please post some pictures of your fleet and of course the ‘51 3600 and we’ll see you around the garage forums!

Last edited by Phak1; 03/27/2021 12:16 PM.

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake

Yes, please post photos the truck. As for the other brands, photos of them belong on other websites that cater to those brands. Of course if they happen to be in the distant background of the truck photos nobody will complain too loudly. Yes, I’m a truck snob (at least as it pertains to this website) and proud of it.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 13
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 13
Welcome, great story. It would be amazing to get some of the vehicles back that I've let go over the years. Can't wait to see your project.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Pastor James, welcome to the Stovebolt and welcome to the Southern Stovebolters.

....I see your over in Greenville, around Wade Hamptom School. I live in Spartanburg (actually Boiling Springs) and would love to get together with you for a hot dog or some BBQ at Charlies BBQ off Pelham road. I met up with another Stovebolter at
Chic fil-A on Pelham about once a month. If your over here in Spartanburg give me a shout...680-3833 and the dogs and cold Pepsi are on me!
.....and if you think I can help in any way let me know. Call me, or PM me here on the bolt.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 04/01/2021 7:07 PM. Reason: correct ph #

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0