The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,440
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 172
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 172
I have seen similar posts on getting the door gap correct but try as I might I am know where’s near solving the problem I have a 1/4 to 3/8 gap at the right front bottom of window and cowl,panel. I have tried enlarging the top hinge slots by 1/2 inc. Tried bending both top and bottom hinges but still no luck. These are
Donor doors as the truck came with vented window 1951 doors and I wanted the correct 1950 doors. The 1951 doors fit fine. i am beginning to wonder if it is the door it self. I do not have the strikers in at all so I am sure I can lift the left side so the body line is correct. It is the unusual gap I have mentioned on the right side that is driving me to frustration. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rick
Attachments

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,099
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,099
Some responses on your other post here

Locking this thread as duplicates aren't allowed (pick the best place and post there). You might want to edit your other post to include some of the additional information above if you think it's pertinent. If you do that, I'll remove this thread.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0