The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (55shaker, Otto Skorzeny, Lostbuthaulinass, Southerntruck, Shaffer's1950, TUTS 59), 93 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,487
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
in the engine and driveline section:

http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-bin//ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=007715

It is a Canadian GMC 960, which as far as I can determine it is equivilant to the US version of the 4 or 5000 series truck

----------

I thought I'd link to it in case you big bolt specialists don't wander over there.

-W

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
Yea, that's me, I should have looked where I was posting. Here is a link to a couple pictures of my truck.

My \'66 GMC 960 COE

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
Quote
Originally posted by drunknpukin:
Yea, that's me, I should have looked where I was posting. Here is a link to a couple pictures of my truck.

My \'66 GMC 960 COE
How's the 292 run?
That is some interesting plumbing up on top.
Is that a surge tank for the radiator?

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
heya drunknpukin,
I wasn't being anal or anything, just trying to make sure the right folks saw your post. When ya join a new forum it takes a little while to keep the feel or things... or figure out where things are.

-W

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
Yip that would be the surge tank. Ya, interesting layout that's for sure! Motor runs great, I didn't know it was a 292, I guess I am still trying to figure this thing out. Seeing that this truck was probably used a lot on the highway, I am surprised that it doesn't have a two speed axle, it is just a 4 spd. What's with that?

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 268
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 268
I just posted more info to your post in the engine and driveline section.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
Quote
Originally posted by drunknpukin:
Yip that would be the surge tank. Ya, interesting layout that's for sure! Motor runs great, I didn't know it was a 292, I guess I am still trying to figure this thing out. Seeing that this truck was probably used a lot on the highway, I am surprised that it doesn't have a two speed axle, it is just a 4 spd. What's with that?
The 292's are easy because of the tall side covers. Also the fuel pump and right side motor mount positions are reversed from the smaller Chevy sixes.
Compare to a 230 or 250 which look alike from the outside.
The 2 speed rear was probably optional.
Maybe it wasn't bought for heavy loads in hilly areas. Not an expert on 2 speeders but I believe they were low and lower, not really intended for highway use.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0