The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (TUTS 59, Jon G, 3800GUY, Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 127 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,103
Posts1,056,188
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#139568 10/05/2007 4:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61
Thought I would install the Fenton intake & headers this evening. The intake will sit flush against the head o.k., but when I went to install the headers, I noticed that the raised areas, like ridges, in the gaskets, in-between all the intake & exhaust openings, prevented the headers from going on flush. What should I do? Seems like if I put the bolts in, then tightened, the gasket would not seal and leak. I assumed perhaps these raised areas were there so people would put the gaskets on facing the right direction. What have others done? Thanks!

#139569 10/05/2007 4:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Not sure if it is correct but here is what I did. I cut out the ridges, basiclly turnning the one gasket into three. It's a little harder to get all lined up that way but it worked for me. No problems in the last 4 years.

Others may have a better idea.

George

#139570 10/06/2007 4:53 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61
Thanks George, I had that thought, but wasn't sure. Thats what I'll do. Thanks again.
Bryan


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0