The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (DougH6100, Hotrod Lincoln, fonz8261), 179 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,660
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#139256 09/06/2007 9:25 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 238
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 238
I'll be making a trip to the US next month, and as well as some other new toys for my truck, I'm thinking of buying one of these while I'm over.
http://www.radiosforoldcars.com/newradiochevtruck47.htm
My question is, has anyone on here used one of these radios? what's it like to use especially if you've used it with a CD stacker. I know I'll need to get it set up for European FM channels when I buy it. But will any CD stacker work with it?

Thanks, Stuart.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
I have one of these and it is great! Hooked up easily, (even at 6V) and I run my iPod off it on long runs.


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 238
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 238
51Greenmachine, Thanks very much for your reply. So that's another item to add to the (long) shopping list...

Stuart.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 39
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 39
type in Mongo Garage he makes a nice unit radio

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
I was going to go the cd route but the ipod or mp3 would be more convenient and you could have all of your songs not just a few and not have to worry about having to change them on a long trip. BTW i have been to England back in 91 my brother worked for the dept. of defense and lived there for three years at sirencheister (spelling) 90 miles west of London. i would like to go back sometime. ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 238
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 238
I've Bought the radio while I was over on your side of the pond at the AACA Hershey show in PA last week. Have to agree on the ipod/mp3 idea, the CD changer units are huge, difficult to find anywhere in the cab to put one that wouldn't be in way of something else.

Ron, Hope both you and your brother enjoyed your time in England I think you must have been at Cirencester, a lovely old town in Wiltshire, lots on military bases and airfields round there too.

Stuart.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0