The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (greenie-reddy), 101 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,380
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 46
M
Restorationist
Restorationist
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 46
hey all. does anyone have a recommendation for what cable size or thickness i should get for my seat adjuster. anyone know of a place to buy an "original". have not seen it in any of the normal vendors catalogs.. if it makes a difference, its a 1948. thanks


1948 1.5 ton grain truck with pto driven dump bed.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
I am unsure if these are reproduced, if it was a bit warmer I would measure mine. I see them occasionally on eBay NOS, the part number may help in the search.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/41574356012/in/album-72157631868452754/

Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
1/8 inch cable. Bought mine at home depot i think. 50 ft for about $7. Got 40 ft left over. Lol


1949 gmc 1-ton
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 46
M
Restorationist
Restorationist
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 46
Thanks for the replies guys. I think a quick search on eBay.... ,and then a trip to home depot. I bought some that I thought would work. Way to heavy duty. Johnny are you anywhere near northern Illinois university? I see that you are from Illinois also. Thanks again for the help. Time to search eBay.


1948 1.5 ton grain truck with pto driven dump bed.
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
Right outside chicago


1949 gmc 1-ton

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0