Is your suburban stock or modified? In my 51 panel truck, I put a 20 gallon tank (71-73 Mustang) out back between the frame rails. Yes, you’ll need to move the filler tube to your desired location, but the tank fits perfectly. You can easily fab up straps to hold the tank.
We added a second tank on the drivers side with a fuel transfer pump. 52 Suburban has a Lincoln IRS and an open driveshaft so pics probably not much help.
Is your suburban stock or modified? In my 51 panel truck, I put a 20 gallon tank (71-73 Mustang) out back between the frame rails. Yes, you’ll need to move the filler tube to your desired location, but the tank fits perfectly. You can easily fab up straps to hold the tank.
What did you do for the Ford sending unit not matching up with the Chevy fuel gauge
I put a Gen 1 Camaro tank behind the rear axle of my panel truck. Fits like a glove, 18 gallons, tapered so it's absolutely invisible from the rear. For simplicity, security, and to avoid cutting any holes in the body, I put the filler neck underneath the wood floor.