The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, cmayna, JW51, BC59, Forty9), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,092
Posts1,056,457
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1382923 10/31/2020 3:58 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
Hello all,

I’m new here. Just signed up. I am an old truck junkie and have several old Dodge trucks. I recently acquired a 1953 GMC 630D. It has 471 GM diesel (Detroit). 5 speed overdrive (very short overdrive). 2 speed rear axle ( low and lower). Dayton wheels. Air brakes. Neat ol truck and I’m hoping to share pics and vids soon.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 942
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 942
Welcome to the site.

We will be looking forward to your pictures.


'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan
GMC 9500 Fan
Detroit Diesel Fan
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy 1953GMCJimmy, Welcome, I know I'm looking forward to your pictures and I bet Spanky, our resident tow truck expert will love to see them as well.

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 6
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 6
Welcome to the bolt. Looking forward to see the pictures of your 53. There is a lot of great information here.


86 Chevy Suburban
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Me too! Can't wait to see pics. Follow the instructions at the bottom left of this page to load your pictures.

There is another newish member that has a 750 with a 4-71
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...722/1950-gmc-750-diesel.html#Post1379722

I've got an 860D.
It's cool to see some new diesel brothers here.
Welcome to Stovebolt!


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 112
T
TGP Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 112
Nice Find!
Waiting on Pictures!

Enjoy your new project
Tom

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
Pics
Attachments
11EEA611-95D9-473C-A25D-9EE5262816CA.jpeg (392.15 KB, 216 downloads)
B776A4AE-1CC6-4F2A-931C-27CE150355FE.jpeg (167.13 KB, 220 downloads)
5BD19CAB-900A-4435-8385-19B38A26CECB.jpeg (464.32 KB, 210 downloads)

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Nice. Not my style on the stance but it is way cool!


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Online: Content
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
Nice!


BC
1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc
1949 GMC 250 project in waiting
1960 C60 pasture art
Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
Video at


Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
Second video


Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
Not sure what u mean by stance. It’s all stock

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
Pics
Attachments
52A2833D-27A2-4BD5-9E7B-0AC5A4D59B3A.jpeg (225.34 KB, 196 downloads)
205D9046-F981-4309-8C5C-A32EAB412113.jpeg (241.84 KB, 203 downloads)
E5CF438C-8BDA-4FE5-A579-426167C75619.jpeg (281.15 KB, 194 downloads)

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Looks higher in the front. Could be the camera angle.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
Must be camera angle. Sorry bout that.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Cool old Hook you got there dude ! I'm a Wrecker guy my self.
Attachments
20200518_115619 (1).jpg (76.82 KB, 139 downloads)


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Very cool !!! Congrats.


Professional Novice
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 491
D
Unconventional Thinker
Unconventional Thinker
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 491
What a beast! Cool truck! Looks like it has a 200 foot turning radius...lol...


Shane

Shane's Toys...
2007 Forester XT Limited (2nd Owner)
1991 Cherokee Laredo (2nd Owner)
1981 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside 8,600 Camper Special (3rd Owner)
1965 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside (3rd Owner)
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 942
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 942
Looks good.


'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan
GMC 9500 Fan
Detroit Diesel Fan
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Neat truck!

I like wreckers too!

Mike B smile
Attachments
57 Holmes 525 001.jpg (374.87 KB, 102 downloads)


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
Nice GMC, I have a 630 gasser, had a single 6.5 rear, was able to find a two speed with 4.13 high, much better.

Ed
Attachments
IMG_0851.JPG (258.84 KB, 174 downloads)


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
Those are sweet

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Looks like a nice survivor. Welcome to stovebolt and I hope you enjoy your new truck.


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
What a neat truck. I have 2 hdcr 750s. Both detroit powered.
Look for a brownie 3 speed. With the 5 speed od trans, and the overdrive brownie, i can do 60 mph....downhill....with the wind pushing.

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 16
Mine will do 57-60 mph top speed. She seems happiest at 50-55mph. 2100-2300 rpms. We drive her about 21 miles to a cruise in some Friday nights. Def not an interstate piece. Cruises nice 50-55

Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,003
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,003
Originally Posted by Mike B
Neat truck!

I like wreckers too!

Mike B smile
Awesome pic. Nice trucks. thumbs_up

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
53 Gimmy great truck wanna hear it going thru yhe gears !!


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0